My UPC1100 or 1150 switching regulator device sometimes operates and sometimes doesn't.
The timer latch circuit may be malfunctioning. Check the following.
- Is there any incorrect wiring?
- The GND wiring can sometimes be a cause of malfunction. Make sure that the GND pins for signal lines and power lines are separate, and that each is grounded to a separate point.
- Is there a capacitor connected between the REF OUT pin (pin 16) and GND pin (pin 8)? If so, be sure to use a film, tantalum, or ceramic capacitor.
- Be sure to ground the GND side of the delay capacitor CDLY connected to the DLY pin (pin 15) as close as possible to the GND pin (pin 8).
- When using the ON/OFF control pin (pin 4), ensure that the signal input to this pin rises at no more than 0.07V/us.
|Power Management Linear|