Check that you are not using any of the following instructions, which use the accumulator (ACC), for interrupt handling.
- DSP instructions (MACHI, MACLO, MULHI, MULLO, MVFACHI, MVFACMI, MVTACHI, MVTACLO, or RACW)
- Multiply instructions (EMUL, EMULU, FMUL, or MUL)
- Multiply-accumulate instruction (RMPA)
If you are using any of the above instructions, which use ACC, during interrupt handling, use one of the below methods to ensure the value of ACC.
(1) Use the interrupt enable bit (I) in the processor status word (PSW) to disable interrupts at the location of the DSP instruction.
(2) Retain and recover ACC at both the entrance and exit of the interrupt handling routine.
For more information on ACC, please refer to the "Accumulator" section in the "CPU" chapter of the hardware manual.