(1) According to the datasheet, the ROM code protect address is FFDBh, but on the QzROM Writing Confirmation Form it is 10h. Why?
(2) Regarding ROM option data, if other data (such as FFh, etc.) is set to FFDBh, but 00h is written in the ROM option, what will happen?
(3) Can an outside party verify, etc. data from a protected QzROM area? [2008/11/05]
(1)The ROM code protect address is allocated at FFDBh address of microcomputer chip. The address of the ROM option data (10h) refers not to the 0010h address of the chip, but to the ROM option setup address when the mask file converter (MM) is used (displayed as "Mask option setup" in the mask converter utility). (Please check page 16 of the mask file converter utility user´s manual.)
(2) As long as 00h is set to the ROM option, even if other data is set to FFDBh, the contents of the ROM option data will be obeyed and all areas of ROM code will be protected.
(3) No. Protected ROM data can´t be read by an outside party.