How can I fix this?
Please confirm the following 8 items concerning the user system.
- Was the number of H-UDI connectors counted correctly?
- Is the wiring for the H-UDI connector correct?
- Is there noise on any of the H-UDI connector signal lines?
- Is reset is enabled for the device?
- Is the Vcc value is correct?
- Is the clock is oscillating?
- If using E10A-USB, are pins ASEMD, DBGMD, EMLE, etc. set correctly?
For details, refer to the following document for the target MCU: section 1.5 Pin Assignments of the H-UDI Port Connector in the E10A-USB Emulator Additional Document for Users Manual (for H8S and H8SX families, 1.4 Pin Assignments of the E10A-USB Connector).
- Is the correct MCU operating mode selected?
E10A-USB supported operating modes are listed in the E10A-USB Emulator Additional Document for Users Manual for each target MCU.
For SH2-DSP family E10A emulators, the reset vector (address H'A0000000) value is read at startup. If the reset vector cannot be read at setup due to a problem with the memory settings, the Link UP will not work.
Device-specific E10A-USB Emulator Additional Document for User's Manuals can be downloaded here.