Information on the module guide itself and the associated resources and known issues are available here.
The NetX DHCP Client module defines APIs for creating and starting the DHCP client. Internally, the DHCP client handles all communication with the DHCP server to obtain an IP address.
The NetX DHCP Client module supports the following features:
- The NetX DHCP Client module is compliant with RFC2132, RFC2131, and related RFCs.
- The module provides high-level APIs to:
- Create and delete a DHCP client instance
- Start, stop, and reinitialize the DHCP client (to restart the DHCP client protocol)
- Request a specific IP Address from the server
- Specify the network interface to run the DHCP client on
- Supply an application-created packet pool to the DHCP client
The NetX DHCP Client module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the NetX DHCP Client module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here.
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects for the NetX DHCP Client module are available from the Synergy Gallery. You can find them in the zip file located on the right side of the page here
- NetX DHCP with SSP 1.2.0 (Server)
- NetX DHCP with SSP 1.2.0 (Client)
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- Getting Started with NetX™ Duo DHCP - Application Project here.
- Refer to the SSP release notes for known issues, available here.
|NetX DHCP Client module on g_dhcp_client (SSP 1.2.0)|