The Segment LCD HAL module uses the Segment LCD Controller (SLCDC) to display data on a Segment LCD. The driver initializes the LCD for displaying data and configures the drive- voltage generator, the display waveform, the number of time slices, and the bias methods to drive the LCD. This module provides functions to display data to a specified set of segments, to update existing segment data, to enable and disable display, to set the display area, and to adjust the contrast.
This module supports selecting the following features:
- Internal voltage- boosting for the LCD driver voltage generator: select the capacitor split method or the external resistance division.
- Display bias: select the 1/2 bias method, 1/3 bias method, or 1/4 bias method.
- Time slice of the display: select static, 2-time slice, 3-time slice, 4-time slice, or 8-time slice.
- Display waveform: select waveform A or waveform B.
- Display data area: select A-pattern, B-pattern, or blinking. You can switch the display data area.
- Use the RTC periodic interrupt (PRD) to generate a blinking display with A-pattern and B-pattern.
- Adjust the reference voltage (which is generated when operating the voltage boost circuit) in 16 steps (contrast adjustment.)
The Segment LCD HAL module guide is targeted for SSP 1.2.0 and above and the SK-S7G2 Kit.
The most recent versions of the Segment LCD HAL module guide application note, application project and import guide are available here
Module Guide Resources
The following application projects are available from the Renesas web site at the referenced url.
- DK-S3A7 v.2.0 Out-of-Box Demo Programming Guidelines - Application Project here.
- Renesas Synergy™ Project DK-S3A7 Segment LCD Display Example here.
- Refer to the most recent release notes for known issues, available here.